The Innova car , in which we have travelled was belong to Mr. Adv. Jayachandran. Other advocates were Mr. Prasannan, Mr. Sanoj Nair( the former secretay of Trivandrum Bar Associatin), Mr. Suresh and Mr. Vellanadu Biju. Around 7 a.m. we have started from Vanchiyoor, after a cup of tea from Binu Hotel.We have loaded our bags in the dicky and locked very well. We had decided before embarking to have a halt around Nagercoill, for breakfast. Around 8.30 a.m. we have reached there, in front of Aryabhavan Hotel Complex, where we got idli, dosai and uppuma. I am fond of idly and sambar, particularly Tamilnadu idly and sambar are very delicious. When compare with Travancore sambar, the Tamilnadu sambar's taste is different. Even within Kerala, different parts, different types of sambar is available, nothing common in it. When I take meals from the canteen of Kerala High Court Bar Association, at Kochi, I feel a defferent taste, not much tasty, as I am familiar with Travancore dishes. I got opportunity to experience the taste of Northern Kerala sambar, while I was working as lecturer in law , in Government Law College, Kozhikkodu. I never like the same and I preferred fish curry or meat along with lunch rather than sambar or any vegetable side dishes. I used to take fish curry, even along with breakfast, instead of sambar or chutney. Nothing wrong in it, as it is part of the food culture of Northern Kerala. Here in Travancore region people never take fish along with the breakfast. My friends preferred dosai and uppuma to idly, which were too delicious according to them. The bill was also reasonable. Mr. Sanoj Nair was keeping the account for the trip, to be divided among us , at the end of the trip.
(....to be continued)
your findings about sambar is true.
ReplyDelete